Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - NY Times Article: Has Snowboarding Lost Its Edge?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 12:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Big Foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRider2613 View Post
For me, I say good riddance. I am 31 and I make it to the mountain at least four times/week. What's their excuse? They are too busy to ride because they are giving their boss a rimjob so that they can get the big promotion? If toolbags are focusing on climbing the corporate ladder instead of riding, then they weren't true riders in the first place.
That's great that you have a job with a lot of flexibility, most people don't. For the average Ameircan a work week consists of 40 hours between Monday and Friday. This only leaves a total of two days for that individual to partake in a hobby. I, like the average American work a standard Monday through Friday work week. As much as I would love to spend the entire weekend on the mountain (which I have already done multiple times this year), I cannot do it every weekend. Somtimes I am limited to one trip a week, or if something important is going on that weekend I might not even make it to the mountain .

I've been boarding for 12 years, and absolutely love the sport, but let's face it, snowboarding for me is a hobby. Somtimes real life takes precedent over hobbies. If that doesn't make me a "true rider" then so be it, but to me it sounds like your opinion of a "true rider" is someone with no job that just snowboards all day living off their parents and stickin' it to the man. That's not me. I would like to note; however, that I have never given my boss a rimjob.
Big Foot is offline   Reply With Quote