Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Board Problems - can too little weight be a problem?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Denimgrl66

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New Board Problems - can too little weight be a problem?

After boarding about 8 times and improving enough to make it down a hill consistently at a decent speed, without falling and feeling pretty comfortable, I bought my first board, a Salomon Lotus 142. I discovered that I could not even turn without wiping out. It seemed as though I could not manipulate this board to turn like I could with the rentals or that perhaps it was too long. Particularly, it felt like when I applied pressure to my front foot, it had no effect on the board, unlike I was used to. I was able to exchange the board for a 138. Same problem, mildly improved. I went back to the rental I was used to, a Head Tribute 140 (freestyle) and resumed my ability to make turns easily and sail down the hill.

So, I don't know what the problem is. I hesitate buying a new board in case I encounter the same problem, unless I buy the same board as I rent. Also wondering if possibly, my weight is too little for the type of board I am using. I am 5'1" and 105 lbs. Also, if anyone knows a Burton Board that would be comparable to the Head Tribute, that would be great to know.

Any help is appreciated