Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - NY Times Article: Has Snowboarding Lost Its Edge?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #22 (permalink)
trapper
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maierapril View Post
Hell...after working 10 hours in the office, I still drive up to the slopes to get a few hours in at the park before going back home to pass out, it's just all about where your priorities are.
Yes but even then it's tough to do something like that during the week when you're busy all the fucking time with either work or shit at home. For example, I don't get home till 6:30 during the week, then I grab dinner, get an hour to hang out with my kids before putting them to bed. That usually takes 20 minutes. So by the time I can even THINK about having some time to myself it's already past 8 and the nearest place to ride is a good 40 minute drive from my house. I would LOVE to ride every night, but having all this shit really prevents me from doing it (and I am in no way trying to climb a corporate ladder. I never take work home).

I guess my point is that even though one of my priorities would be to ride as much as possible, it's just not going to happen unless it's a weekend for me and even that's not always easy. But I'm far from lazy. It's just logistically not something I can do during the week and maybe that is what this article is hinting at. Though I do generally agree with many of Nightrider's points in his last post, I think you can still be a dedicated rider who loves the sport but can't get out as much because of life getting in the way without being lumped into the classification of a lazy ass or a wannabe.

One thing's for sure, when my little ones are a few years older, they will be going with me to the slopes.
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote