Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Boot Stiffness: What do I want?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
metoo

Default Boot Stiffness: What do I want?

I'm a total novice. I only care to ride down the hill/mountain. I may progress into some small jumps and such, but no freestyle. I bought a pair of Thirtytwo STW boots last year which have a flex rating of 4 on their scale of 1 to 10(stiffest). I used them one a rental Burton rocker board. I now have a GNU Rider's Choice that I haven't ridden yet. I'm thinking about getting Thirtytwo Focus boots (rated at 8) for 3 reasons: 1) they are all black, whereas my STWs are grey black, and, white. 2) The dual Boa system. 3) The heel kit. I never could get my heel as secure as I would like in the STW. On the plus side for the STW, they were fairly comfortable to wear for a long period of time. Even after riding, I would have them on for another 3 hours or so.

Will I lose this comfort and walkability with the Focus? Am I giving up considerable control and feel with the STW's? Basically, I need to know which is better for me. In this case, I'm only looking at these 2 boots and no others will be considered, so let's stay focussed. The pun was not intended.
metoo is offline   Reply With Quote