Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Protip: When you volunteer to drive, dont be a douche
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #52 (permalink)
Big Foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatRideSleep View Post
Also a chick.

I drive a 5-speed while engaging in the "womanly activity" of texting, eating, changing clothes, emailing, whatever. Always performed with sound judgement and timing, however. I'm not an idiot.

Call it silly, feminine, and womanly if you want, pencap.
I call it multi-tasking.
A phenomenon I have noticed with all drivers, but much more present in women, is that if the person knows how to drive a manual, they are usually a good driver. It must have something to do with being in-tune with the car and all of it's components... or bad drivers just suck too much at driving to comprehend how to drive a manual.

Case in point, I went on a date with a girl (mid-20s) in my pervious car (5-speed manual) and she asked me how I could drive a manual, because it's so complicated. I said "It's really pretty simple, you start out in first gear, and as your revs build up you switch through the gears. An automatic works the exactly same way, except the car does the shifting for you". She replied with something along the lines of "Oh wow, I always wondered why when I push the gas pedal, the car would make a lot of noise, then get quite, and then make more noise again".

Needless to say that was the last date, I went on with this girl. And although I never saw her drive, I would bet money she is terrible at it.
Big Foot is offline   Reply With Quote