Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Woman with narrow feet, tiny ankles and heels!
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
EatRideSleep
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauba View Post
Before I bought this last pair of Nikes I probably tried on 20 pairs of boots. Im sure Ill do the same thing again I was hoping to narrow it down some before going in but you're right, that's the best way to figure it out.

I am interested in the FT sytem though. Aren't there 4 or 5 'zones' to tighten? Do you have trouble getting enough muscle to pull me tight enough?
Yeah, it's really the best and only way. I spent far longer in time and miles searching for a boot than I had originally planned. But it was with a good boot fitter that I found a pair that worked best for me. See if you can try boots while a fitter is working. I had well-intentioned shop kids try to help prior, but they just didn't have the same knowledge or experience as a fitter.

The FT on my model boot has an inner lace system and an outer. The outer has two pulls while the inner has one.

A helpful thing is to rotate your foot in both directions while pulling the inner lace. I usually do that with my foot elevated (standing on my other foot). When I do the outer laces up, I flex a bit down with my foot on the ground so it's not too tight where it shouldn't be.

I don't have a problem with having enough strength for it, but I have a lot of upper body strength Regardless, if you use leverage while tightening (push down with your foot as you pull up), you should be fine.
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote