Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - riding switch
Thread: riding switch
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #33 (permalink)
brucew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
Because of the relatively poor snow conditions this week, I've been practicing switch a lot the last couple of days. It takes a day or two of practice to be able to ride green runs while linking turns cleanly. I think by the end of the week I'll be able to ride anything short of tough blacks in switch.

Biggest problem I'm having right now is that I find my edge transition is delayed when going from heelside to toeside. Kind of a reluctance to commit. I can overcome it by concentrating on it, and eventually I'll be confident enough that it'll be automatic.

Thats the same problem I have that I'm trying to improve on. My turn initiation feels slow and sloppy when Im riding switch. I'm sure my directional board doesn't help things much but i think i really just need to force myself to ride switch more often. let me know if you find any secrets to getting this down quickly

I wish i learned switch when i was first starting out, i hate going back to riding like a beginner...its like going from a fancy mountain bike back to using training wheels
brucew. is offline   Reply With Quote