Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Judge my park style
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #21 (permalink)
CheoSamad
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Yeah he needs to learn how to embed...
PLEASE Tell me where on the site it will show me how to imbed. I tried to figure it out for like 20 minutes ahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
The basic problem is that your are hucking the flip with no conscious plan on actually landing. Whenever you do that (even on a straight air)... your body unconsciously automatically "opens up" (i.e. chest facing the downhill) - which is natural ... except for the fact that snowboarders need to land "sideways."

You should really practice doing backflips on a trampoline and learn to spot the landing and not freak out and try to twist your board to get the closer foot (often the wrong foot) under you. For a backflip, when you see the ground (when you are basically a little past halfway in the flip and completely inverted), you need to consciously pull your legs under you and get ready to land.

I can backflip on a trampoline without any problem. I have been told that instead of trying to send it over my heels like you do on a trampoline, I should try to send a bit of my rotation over my back hand to help me set up for my landing. This weekend my mountain will finally set up their air bag. I'm going to practice to the bag for a bit to avoid injury since I'm not landing properly. I will probably post another video on Saturday of me having either learned it, or showing the air bag attempts asking for help.

As for just hucking myself, I would not call it that. I spent several hours contemplating the trick and it's risks, and made sure to have on a helmet ect. I tried my best to spot my landing, which it becomes open to me after the first 180 degrees, but I am having trouble getting my feet back under me. I think I either need to spin cleaner, (actually that is obvious) or send it a bit bigger.

In the second video I popped a bit too late. If you pause on my pop in the first video it's right as my front foot was leaving the lip. If you pause it on the second video it was just as my tail was leaving the jump, so my rotation was not as fast, which is why when I realized I was not flipping fast enough I yelled 'oh shit' and tried to throw my legs under me.

CheoSamad is offline   Reply With Quote