Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How can I challenge myself further?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Where do you normally ride? Here's what I used to do back when my usual hill was a 720 ft vert hill with some parks but basically no off piste.

- work REALLY hard on carving... I don't mean regular carving, I mean carving HARD. It will improve your entire riding ability

- head to some hills that challenge you, unfortunately if you're bored by your hill, you've jumped every lip, bombed every black, hit every kicker, then you have to go elsewhere to find something that scares you

- once you're at a hill that challenges you, start dropping off cliffs, riding real steep terrain (i.e. 45 deg slopes), glades, etc. and you should never get bored. I still get butterflies in my stomach when I'm about to drop into a 10' straight drop entrance to a bowl at fernie, and the adrenaline kick after is like a drug!

If you're in the east, head for Jay Peak or something in that neighbourhood, if you're in the west, how are you bored?!? lol
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote