Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Which companies (brands) have faster bases?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #49 (permalink)
redlude97
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Not really...

Waxing is a freaking science and racers do it for a reason. The difference between each type of wax might be marginal, but waxing overall IS NOT marginal.

Are you saying that your unwaxed sintered base is only going to be marginally slower than when waxed?

I have not tried TBT yet... closest I've tried to that is the Combo Platter from Forum. I do agree with you that base shape makes a big difference though. Wax does too.
Waxing is a science and racers do it because races are won on the order of seconds to milliseconds. Every bit helps. My argument was that it makes less of a difference than base shape/geometry. Maybe I shouldn't have used marginal but can you quantify the increase it makes? The only time a really notice a board being low on wax is on flats and even then it doesn't really stop me. Of course I don't usually go more than 3-4 trips without waxing. I probably overdo it but I also realize the gains I'm getting aren't going to be earth shattering, and the board I pick from the quiver makes more of a difference for a variety of reasons.
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote