Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Which companies (brands) have faster bases?
View Single Post
post #51 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 09:30 PM
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlude97 View Post
Waxing is a science and racers do it because races are won on the order of seconds to milliseconds. Every bit helps. My argument was that it makes less of a difference than base shape/geometry. Maybe I shouldn't have used marginal but can you quantify the increase it makes? The only time a really notice a board being low on wax is on flats and even then it doesn't really stop me. Of course I don't usually go more than 3-4 trips without waxing. I probably overdo it but I also realize the gains I'm getting aren't going to be earth shattering, and the board I pick from the quiver makes more of a difference for a variety of reasons.
Yea, that's what I meant by the marginal difference between types of wax because racers get picky over milliseconds.

I can't quantify how much difference waxed vs a bone dry sintered base makes, but I can definitely notice. I'm not blessed with awesome conditions in Michigan. Our man-made crap eats up wax like nobody's business. I notice when my board needs wax. This is why I also use rub on wax for in-between sessions religiously.

Also, I agree with you on overall board selection making big differences.

Just saying, the wax thing isn't marginal. Maybe for riding optimal conditions it is

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reviews and David Z's rants
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.