Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Which companies (brands) have faster bases?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 09:49 PM   #52 (permalink)
RockSteady
Banned

d
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlude97 View Post
Why did you ignore the important part of my post? Which do you think would be faster? The waxed 150 or the unwaxed 160? Boards dont operate in vacuums. Custom Xs are fast because they lock into carves, whereas bataleons get pretty sketchy at high speeds. But that isn't in a straight line. Your conflating a number of things that contribute to overall speed. To say that base tech plays less of a role than wax is wrong.
Dude remove all the wax from your board and go ride any thing other than super freezing crud or ice and see what happens. If it barely makes only a mili sec. difference, why do you even bother waxing. If you speak the truth I'm over waxing. When a base is bone dry not only it will not move on sticky pow. It will stop you cold over the handle bars. A base is built to be used with wax. It's pores absorb wax. From the start I said all the tech on a board is important but you guys wanted to discount wax and I think that's wrong.

And your argument with the 150 waxed or 160 unwaxed, 150 all day on variable snow.. There are a lot of things that make the board fast but that lube called wax between the snow and the board, that's what makes it a rocket on almost any snow when done right.

Last edited by RockSteady; 01-17-2013 at 10:04 PM.
RockSteady is offline   Reply With Quote