Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Which companies (brands) have faster bases?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #55 (permalink)
cjcameron11
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteady View Post
From the start I said all the tech on a board is important but you guys wanted to discount wax and I think that's wrong.
Actually no you didn't, i just re-read over the posts and you said nothing of board tech until i brought it up, to which you replied that waxing has more of an effect on a boards speed than base tech.

Don't start changing your argument now. Fact is, your opinion is that wax makes more difference to a boards speed than its camber, base and edge tech. My opinion is that base tech, edge tech and camber play a larger role in board speed than waxing.

I think most people will agree that waxing makes a marginal difference, probably only importantly measurable when it comes to racing. And while many people can tell the difference between a freshly waxed board and a bone dry board i believe that the type of board and its footprint on the snow have a much more dramatic effect on its overall speed.