Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Which companies (brands) have faster bases?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #57 (permalink)
redlude97
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteady View Post
d

Dude remove all the wax from your board and go ride any thing other than super freezing crud or ice and see what happens. If it barely makes only a mili sec. difference, why do you even bother waxing. If you speak the truth I'm over waxing. When a base is bone dry not only it will not move on sticky pow. It will stop you cold over the handle bars. A base is built to be used with wax. It's pores absorb wax. From the start I said all the tech on a board is important but you guys wanted to discount wax and I think that's wrong.

And your argument with the 150 waxed or 160 unwaxed, 150 all day on variable snow.. There are a lot of things that make the board fast but that lube called wax between the snow and the board, that's what makes it a rocket on almost any snow when done right.
Lets be clear here. No one discounted wax altogether. This is what started this whole argument
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteady View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcameron11 View Post
Im tipping that the big difference between the custom x and hotknife is the magne traction and the camber profiles, they would have more of an impact on board speed than anything else.
That does make a difference but not more than wax
You are stating that wax makes more of a difference than base type, camber profile, edge tech, stiffness, length etc.
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote