Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Which companies (brands) have faster bases?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 10:57 PM   #59 (permalink)
redlude97
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteady View Post
OK..lets go over this champ

me: "Most every higher end freestyle board like LIB snowboards have a good base that is very capable of high speeds but this is only one part of the problem."
-All I say is that wax is super important

You: "Im tipping that the big difference between the custom x and hotknife is the magne traction and the camber profiles, they would have more of an impact on board speed than anything else."

Me: "That does make a difference but not more than wax"

-you take this as me saying wax is more important than all this other stuff, I'm not trying to say anything is more important or less important. read it again buddy, I'm just saying that nothing is more important than the substance that makes it so your board can move quick in every condition...anything will move on ice, common sense.
Now you go off arguing and claiming I think waxing is more important than size, structure and side cut...lol

You: "The amount of surface area in contact with the snow at a time most certainly does make more of a difference than the type or amount of wax used. "

Me: "Large or small a snowboard with a sweet wax job will fly. Take the Wax off a board or remove tires from a vehicle, no matter what the size it is, it will barely move.
This is why Snowboarder's and Skier's have what are called wax techs not board size techs. Although I'm in no way saying surface area and size donesn't matter, I'm just saying nothing's moving with much speed on snow with out something to help break friction touching the the snow.
What is the change in the coefficient of friction for a waxed and unwaxed board then?
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote