Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Which companies (brands) have faster bases?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 12:38 AM   #64 (permalink)
RockSteady
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcameron11 View Post
Yeaahhhh no, thats not what i'm saying, poor analogy.

Actually i believe that is what you're arguing.

Anyways, after your poor attempt at being sarcastic listen up and you might learn something. Yes wax will make a board go faster than one without, BUT the biggest difference (and my initial argument) to speed on two same sized boards waxed with the same wax would be surface area in contact with the snow. Thats called friction, or drag, and if you have a custom x vs a lib btx or c2 etc which has more contact points on the snow while flat basing then yeah, it causes more friction and drag, hence slowing you.

Racers use Narrow boards so they can go edge to edge lightning quick for fast turns. less width quicker trasitions.

Case in point is why alpine racers use narrow, cambered boards, with less base contact with the snow, if banana profiles were faster they would be using them.
Racers use Narrow boards so they can go edge to edge lightning quick for fast turns. less width quicker trasitions.
RockSteady is offline   Reply With Quote