Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rocker Board for my Small Hill
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 12:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Efilnikufesin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barto View Post
Hi all. I've only posted on this forum once or twice but I've been a long time lurker.

I am strongly considering getting rocker board or some variation (camber-rocker-camber, rocker-camber-rocker, etc) and am looking for advice. I want to see if it is possible to get everything I want from one board.

I live in Southern Indiana so the only place I have to go snowboarding is a small hill called Paoli Peaks. They rarely get any real snow so the hill is always covered with man made snow. My wife and I do go on at least one trip almost every year to a real mountain. (This year it was Whistler ) I go to Paoli as often as I can while the weather lasts.

I'm not into a lot of park features like rails and whatnot. I do like hitting jumps and have gotten comfortable doing 180s of rollers and kickers.

I am currently riding an Atomic Alibi (camber) from a few years ago. I have it set up duck and symmetrical because a couple of years ago I decided that I wanted to get really comfortable riding switch. Since then I really like being able to ride either with no difference in my stance. That probably not ideal for my board, though.

Here is what I'm looking for:
  1. good pop
  2. is easy to spin
  3. has somewhat forgiving edges while landing spins
  4. has enough edge grip for the icy conditions I ride on most frequently
  5. is a twin
  6. can also handle all mountain riding when I get to go to a real mountain
  7. is somewhat capable for butters

Is all this possible on one board? Does it sound like a rocker is the way to go?

I will be on the hill this Sunday and may try to demo a rocker. I would like to have a more specific idea of what to ask for before I do. My budget is flexible.
Personally I wanted some of the same as what you are looking for and went for a Rome Mod Rocker. Flat based with raised tips and it seems to be quite stable when I want it to handle carving/freeride, but also ollies like crazy, lands off sidehits pretty catch free even if I land off balance.

Handles moguls/tight trees well too. Love the damn thing!

Was also checking out a Ride Machete which is similar and have heard the Capita Indoor FK is good too.
Efilnikufesin is offline   Reply With Quote