Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Boot Stiffness: What do I want?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 01:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
RockSteady
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by metoo View Post
I'm a total novice. I only care to ride down the hill/mountain. I may progress into some small jumps and such, but no freestyle. I bought a pair of Thirtytwo STW boots last year which have a flex rating of 4 on their scale of 1 to 10(stiffest). I used them one a rental Burton rocker board. I now have a GNU Rider's Choice that I haven't ridden yet. I'm thinking about getting Thirtytwo Focus boots (rated at 8) for 3 reasons: 1) they are all black, whereas my STWs are grey black, and, white. 2) The dual Boa system. 3) The heel kit. I never could get my heel as secure as I would like in the STW. On the plus side for the STW, they were fairly comfortable to wear for a long period of time. Even after riding, I would have them on for another 3 hours or so.

Will I lose this comfort and walkability with the Focus? Am I giving up considerable control and feel with the STW's? Basically, I need to know which is better for me. In this case, I'm only looking at these 2 boots and no others will be considered, so let's stay focussed. The pun was not intended.
Dude your on the right track, go with those thirtytwo's the double boa is the shit and half and that 8 is perfect. I only rock a nice stiff boot, power, response, feel, everything is better to me...I use to think I preferred a soft park boot for the park but after a little experimenting I figured out a top of the line stiffer boot, is just better for everything even jibs, 7-9 is a good zone for me (1-10) I'm in the DC status right now, love them, nice lockdown tight stiffness. Walkability, that's what the boa is awesome for, you just pull the dial out and the whole boot loosens for an easy walk. If your talking on mountain and side country hiking a stiff boot is money.

Last edited by RockSteady; 01-18-2013 at 01:13 AM.
RockSteady is offline   Reply With Quote