Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - NY Times Article: Has Snowboarding Lost Its Edge?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 03:37 AM   #38 (permalink)
IdahoFreshies
Land of the Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV82 View Post
I think I'd rather be a tool-bag and continue climbing the ladder! I always worry about the future, luckily my career allows me to ride 3-4 week now. After climbing the ladder for a miserable 5-10 years I make a 6 figure salary and have way more free time. I don't fault anyone for pursing a career over riding everyday, or riding everyday over a career. Just do what feels good and works for you.

As far the article goes, I think its bullshit. Snowboarding is still very popular and alive. Tourism may have slightly decreased due to state of the economy but it'll pick back up. Summit county is still packed on the weekends, and it brings in a ton of money to keep the mountains going! Us season pass holders don't bring in the big bucks for the resorts.

Sincerely, a sell-out.
OI can only hope I can score a career like that, where I have plenty of financial stability and the flexibility to have the free time to enjoy that money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants
IdahoFreshies is offline   Reply With Quote