Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rocker Board for my Small Hill
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 07:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
sheepstealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barto View Post
The Mod Rocker and the Machete both look like just what I am looking for. Hopefully one of them will be available for demo.

It looks like these boards are flat between the bindings and raised at the nose and tail. So, are they considered rocker-flat-rocker?

It looks like the Never Summer Proto CT gets thrown into this group of boards as well. Any reason I shouldn't consider that one too?
I see lots of heads nowadays with the Machete. Everyone I know who has one really likes it.

I went with the Mod Rocker this year and its a blast. My first "rocker" board and it was a really good choice. It's still got enough stiffness that it isn't really soft. I can carve it like I carve my cambereds, but I can still get buttery when I need to. It's a breeze on jumps. Very stable, compared to other rockers.

I'd say it IS considered rocker-flat-rocker. Read the tech on it - the middle is very flat and turns rocker just before the contact points.
sheepstealer is offline   Reply With Quote