Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - K2 Protohype 2011/12 for Beginner
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Endlesscc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
K2 Protohype 2011/12 for Beginner

Hello!

First post at the forum and being a snowboarder noob I have a couple questions for the expert!

I started snowboarding last year , went 5 times, always rented equipment and can barely snowboard from top of the hill to the bottom but I am so in love with the sport.

Instead of renting the equipment again I decided to buy my own this year and had my eyes on k2 Protohype ( yes I understand it is an expert board) due to the huge price cut, $299 at a local retail store for 153. Binding would be K2 Formula and Northwave Freedom SL boot.

I understand that the Protohype is an expert and freestyle board, and being a beginner and only want to learn to snowboard from top if the hill to the bottom, and will not be doing any park or jumping, I am worried if Protohype would be a decent board for me.

I read a lot of review about the Protohype, reviews said itis stiff,damp and fast. I am wondering if a beginner like me would benefit from the board or the board will limit my growth in the sport?

Thank you