Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Little Backcountry Giveaway
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
walove
Veteran Member

i feel bad for the mtn approach guys, corey smith the inventor has been helping stoke snowboarders for a long time. Every time they post something up on the net a bunch of split boarders jump down there throat. their is not enough backcountry snowboarders for us to start hating on each other. I like the idea and it would have been killer five years ago before all this new split gear came out. I have a big quiver of boards and the more backcountry i ride the less i get to use them. makes sense for an all day jump session, or yo yo terrain with lots of features, and no board terrain. They just priced themselves out of the market. I bought my sled for $350 dont think im spending that much on skis.

i was touring last year an ran into a guy on shorty approach skis, maybe 3ft max, with skins on the bottom. Looked like just the tip of some fatty pow skis, with skins permently fixed to the bottom. used sparks to tour and had pucks on a solid board for the ride down.