Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Now ipo
Thread: Now ipo
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #95 (permalink)
herb nice

I dunno what it is about how I ride, but every couple of years a binding self destructs on me. last week, my front Rome 390 boss completely split in half lengthwise down the center of the base. I didn't notice right away and continued to ride on it until it was separated and bent all to hell. I actually really enjoyed the loose feel of it...

anyway, I loved those romes and it was less than two years old so I brought it in to the shop for warranty. they told me it would be a few weeks. I can't wait that long, need to shred as often as possible, so I picked up some now ipos at another shop to get me by. I was torn between them or those holograms- I wanted something loose and fun.

I've been riding the ipos no hibacks (never use forward lean anyway), and with the softest gizmos. it's been chewed up hardback at Seymour, and man made snow over ice at Cypress. the ipos are definitely damp as funk. a huge amount damper than anything I have tried. and very soft landings on hardpack crap. no problems in terms of response. I can see why people rave about these things- forgiving, cushy, responsive- but more than any of that, smooth. like putting big soft wheels on your skateboard and loosening the trucks a half turn.

I also love how simple they are. luckily, my 9.5 fuls position the medium ipos perfectly centered on the board when pulled all the way toward the heel edge. I thank the designer for giving my size priority.

The ladders are getting chewed up like other people have mentioned. I am also really not a fan of metal bases (bent ride bindings and disks in the past). the way your heel locks so firmly in to them is a bit unnerving at first- but you get over it quick. pointing it over some crud to huck off a stupid hip is fun as shit on these things. and that's what it's really about for me.

I've always thought that bindings matter the least in your setup, and still do. but these ipos definitely soak up the chatter like nothing else. curious to try them in some deep stuff when it hits next...
herb nice is offline   Reply With Quote