Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Which companies (brands) have faster bases?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #82 (permalink)
liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteady View Post
Cause everyone has race wax, once the wax race is considered, then it comes down to the most talented or lucky racer. After Nate Holland wins a race he doesn't thank Kessler, most people don't even know he rides a Kessler. He gives all the props to his wax tech for providing him with the fastest board. Once again he doesn't thank Kessler for this.
1) this is the reason you should keep your boards and skis in tip top condition all the time. If you screw up, you know it was you, not the board or wax. You dont perform good because of the wax or sharp edges. its because you can manipulate those enhancements without second guessing technique, to further your riding.

2) hes name dropping his tech, not giving him the gold metal. He's saying, if I didnt have so-and-so doing a great CONSISTENT job of tuning my gear, Itd be much harder to self critique, and better his riding.

ending,

you tune your gear so if you wash out, catch an edge, lose speed though that last turn, you know that you, the rider, is at fault, and its not maintenance issues on the board. that way you can go work on it and you know your fixing the issue at the fundamental level.

Ive ridden board upon board of shittily maintained gear. not waxed in 4 seasons, never sharpened etc, and i never once blame my bad riding on the board. your responsible for knowing how your board will react to certain conditions. proper tuning only makes it more consistent.

If you really think you owe your riding to the wax and the stone, go back to the bunny hill and learn again.

Last edited by liner; 01-18-2013 at 01:31 PM.
liner is offline   Reply With Quote