Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Can't get C60's--what do I want?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonBindings View Post
2: The C60, if you look at it's legacy, kept getting heavier since 1996 when we first introduced the X-Base. Functionally, it's just a really stiff binding but it kept putting on pounds for extra features to compensate for geometry or for the sake of having an extra feature. B3 gel, and this and that.
Man I wish I had seen this thread earlier! I for one love the C60s... However I just bought some diodes (non-EST) to try out against the 2009 C60s on my main freeride board.

Holding them in person I was actually impressed with the torsional stiffness of the highback. I thought they were going to be wet noodles compared to the C60 highback but not so. They feel about 90% as stiff as the C60 highback.

Also the toe caps remind me of my 2011 C60s, I actually swapped those onto the 2009s and vise versa. The 2009 heel strap and 2011 toe cap was a good combo. It looks like the Diode keeps the best of the two C60s before it. I'll be trying them out tomorrow so we'll see!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote