Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Board Problems - can too little weight be a problem?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 06:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
EatRideSleep
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denimgrl66 View Post
Wow...you guys are awesome . Thanks for researching. This all seems to make a lot of sense. The lazy back foot is a possibility . I guess first of all, I will give it a little more time and if things don't improve, I might have to investigate a new board. I also need to educate myself a bit in terms of board specs...
You're welcome!

Give it some more time. On the first couple of runs with my hybrid camber I thought I made an awful purchase decision. But I stuck with it since I was 5 bills deep into it and figured out what I needed to do and not do compared to what I was used to doing. Basically I was over-riding it because I was used to an old, heavy, stiff cambered board.

You might find you prefer camber. If that's the case, just get a cambered board. But give the new profile some time, you might find you like it.

The suggestion of getting a lesson is good; there may be a technique issue a professional can help you fix.

Good luck!
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote