Originally Posted by RagJuice Crew
Thanks. I can get a Roam 1 for CAD$179 or a 2 for 230. Will have to get the waterproof case anyway as I'll be taking it diving as well. Is it hard to hack the Roam to 720 60fps?
You in Canada? Those prices are high... Even in Canada we can get them cheaper.
The hack is simple if you're even slightly computer inclined.
1) Put an SD card in the camera and turn it on at least once
2) Get a copy of the old firmware (I've got it) and put it on the SD card
3) open up a txt file on the SD card and change something from "N'" to "Y"
4) Disconnect camera and push status button
5) Reconnect camera and change another part of the text file from "C" to "D"
6) Disconnect camera and push status button
It takes a total of about a minute to do everything. Easily reversible by putting the current firmware back on...