Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - riding switch
Thread: riding switch
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #45 (permalink)
rasmasyean
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoFreshies View Post
Well true, but when I hear people say "i can do this" i usually like to think they can actually do it with a shred of competence, and not side slipping the whole thing.
I didn't do "falling leaf" on the Double Blacks and called that riding. I did linked turns. I'm not saying I bombed it, as you can see in the original that I said I fell like 20% of the way. I actually read 6 books on technique before doing it so that helped. I'm trying to describe my regular/switch experience and if you have a problem with "the claim", that's your problem that it took you much longer. Everyone is different. I actually learned with a friend who made it to single diamonds before he got tired and quit and I went by myself. So it's not impossible to concieve. Perhaps it also had something to do with the fact that where friends because we both won this thing called like The Presidential Physical Fitness Award when we were kids to distinguish athletic ability? I dunno. But there a lot of ppl who prolly will be doing 720's in one season...and those might wind up in the Olympics!

Anyway's my point was the comparison between riding normal and switch and how hard it is. He can take it for what an internet post is worth.
rasmasyean is offline   Reply With Quote