Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Already better then last year-a few pics from mammoth
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #66 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasatchMan View Post
Woah...do all you SoCal guys drive up to mammoth that often? Multiple times a week?

I have been known to drive up to mammoth for a big pow day and drive back to LA the next day. Zombaco and I did that back in December and had a pretty good time! I think we left LA at 8pm, arrive in Mammoth at around midnight. Rode the next day until last chair and was back home in LA by midnight? Something like that. it's about a 4-5 hour drive for me depending on traffic and no speeding cos the man is out in full force on the 395. I don't do one dayers all that much though. I have had mishaps where I planned to go up for a week, then my fucking job has called me to come into the office. So I had to drive back to LA for a fucking day of work then gone right back to mammoth. I try to avoid that shit lol!!

Normally when I do drive go up there I stay for 3-4 days at least to make it worth the trip. I've also hopped a ride with someone else with no return date planned and flown home when I felt like it. Im lucky like that!! I also have a seasonal rental up there so I have a place to say when ever I want which is helpful. If it's a weekday and Im not working Im in mammoth but this year i have a boyfriend and I have been staying home unless there's really good conditions...

however I am most likely going up next week Tue-Thur. I need some me time Alex, I almost positive Im going I'll know for sure on Monday. I NEED to ride and Mtn High aint' looking so great with highs of 78 today!

Sadly my work schedule is up in the air for Feb. I am on storm watch and hopefully have a lot of time off!!! more snow please!

Last edited by mixie; 01-19-2013 at 01:00 PM.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote