Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What jobs/businesses are in resort towns?
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 03:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Donutz
Drunk with power...er beer.

I don't build websites, although I have done so for specific projects. I've got a pretty broad range of IT skills: hardware, software, programming, project mgmt, IT mgmt, DBA, unix sysadmin, ISP, application dev, system dev, god knows how many different languages at this point.

Telecommuting with my employer is an iffy situation. They allow occasional telecommuting, but if you want to do it full-time they have a bunch of requirements (something to do with Workmans comp rules). It's a possibility though, and if I could wrangle it, driving once a week into town wouldn't be that big a deal.

Also, I could live in Pemberton or Squamish, which would be a bit more of a drive to the mountain but certainly cheaper. As to Calgary, believe me I've considered it, and I wouldn't dismiss it as an option. Right now I'm thinking about options for living right in a resort town, but I realize I might have to tone down my expectations.

In retrospect, "Let's get the goat drunk"
should have been my cue to leave the party.
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote