Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Already better then last year-a few pics from mammoth
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #68 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasatchMan View Post
Damn man, I used to live in Orange County and I just couldn't take doing that drive so often. Also bear wasn't cutting my love/need for big mountain, powder and natural terrain by any means either.

Finally said fuck it and took off for SLC, best decision I made. 11 resorts with 500"+ of super light pow only a 40 minute drive away. Plus we've got Jackson only ~4 hours away.

But I really want to make it out to the sierras again, I haven't been back since I moved away 3 years ago. My last trip there was killer, 49 inches in 3 days...With one last day at June with a perfect bluebird...oh that front face

Im 2 hours closer to mammoth then you were down in the OC. Still a long ass drive. However I work in the TV/Film biz and leaving LA is just not a reality for me. Not to mention I own a nice house and have lived here my whole life and my family is here bla bla bla....Moving to the sierras and coming back to LA 1-2 times a month IS a reality for me and that is the goal in the next 5-10 years or so. I could probably do it sooner if I really wanted. I actually thought my employment was coming to an end and I was gonna jump ship rather then find a new gig....but in the end I got offered a sweet job and figured "eh...one more tv season can't be that bad" lol

FUCK big bear is all I have to say about that.

and yes, I love june mountain so very much. I had a handful of very deep pow days there last season and it breaks my heart they are closed.
To be honest that is why Ive rode less this season. I won't ride mammoth on a saturday if it's a pow day or I know it will be crowded. Come spring time, sure I'll ride mammoth on a saturday. There were two weekends this year I'd have gone up if I could have rode at June on Saturday. Instead I stayed home.

Here's the other thing about SLC--How cold is it right now? Are you shoveling snow? How's the job situation out there and what do you do? If my family wasn't here I'd leave so cal

It's 77 and sunny here in pasadena. I have a lovely view of the mountains from my house and no ice or snow to be shoveled etc!

Last edited by mixie; 01-19-2013 at 04:33 PM.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote