Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - riding switch
Thread: riding switch
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #50 (permalink)
blockay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Just wanted to point out to people who may be frustrated with their switch riding and may be having trouble riding as well switch as primary. Keep in mind that everyone is different and that some people are wired more directionally than others. While some people find switch as comfortable as primary, most do not. It is totally normal for most people to always ride primary with a higher level of proficiency than switch. Even AASI recognizes this in the exam process. Your switch riding tasks are not graded to same standards as your primary riding tasks.

So while everyone should be able to ride competently switch, don't feel frustrated because you never feel as comfortable or have more difficulty riding very challenging terrain. I am working on riding black bumps switch and I find this agonizingly difficult. The only thing I have found more difficult is riding the Super Pipe switch.
is a directional twin board close to true? or does it effect my switch riding a lot
blockay is offline   Reply With Quote