Originally Posted by poutanen
You in Canada? Those prices are high... Even in Canada we can get them cheaper.
Really? I thought I was doing ok with those prices!
The hack is simple if you're even slightly computer inclined.
1) Put an SD card in the camera and turn it on at least once
2) Get a copy of the old firmware (I've got it) and put it on the SD card
3) open up a txt file on the SD card and change something from "N'" to "Y"
4) Disconnect camera and push status button
5) Reconnect camera and change another part of the text file from "C" to "D"
6) Disconnect camera and push status button
It takes a total of about a minute to do everything. Easily reversible by putting the current firmware back on...
Thanks for that. Hopefully will get the +2 and not have to worry about it though!