Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Cartel, chewed up boots...HELP!
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
jwelsh83
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Burton Cartel, chewed up boots...HELP!

Guys and Gals. I'm new to the snowboard forum and would consider myself a transition between new-intermediate snowboarder and recently bought some new Burton Cartels for my Burton Process board. I wear size 10 boot and have a large binding. I wear Nike DK's, which I do know that Nike boots are probably some of the biggest boots out there. I went through as usual with setting up the bindings like my last ones...adjust the toe ramp, center the straps with the boot, adjust the high back parallel with the board, yada yada. after going out with the new set up, Ive noticed the back of my boots showing significant wear on the heal, where it rests against the high back. Since I ride goofy, I've noticed the most wear on the right boot that the insulation is poking through the whole. I don't know if it's issue with me ratcheting my bindings too tight, maybe my heel is moving while ratcheted causing the rub and wear or maybe I need to adjust the ankle strap so it is applying more pressure toward the high back when it is ratcheted to provide more stability, thus, no additional wear. Nothing like spending $200-$300 on boots and having them get chewed...I would appreciate some insight...Thanks!
jwelsh83 is offline   Reply With Quote