Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Introduce yourself

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  ctoma 
#1 ·
I will start this thread.

I am 24 years old, live in Toronto Canada.

I grew up in Regina, Saskatchewan (where there is a ton of snow) so naturally i have gone both skiing and snowboarding.

I'm still a beginner snowboarder, but hope to learn lots at Snowboarding Forum :D

#3,021 ·
What up! I'm 30 and was born in Chicago. I live in Seattle now and love the PNW. I snowboarded in highschool a little but it was too expensive to keep going. This will be my 4th year of going like 12-18 times a season. I normally don't post in threads like this but I'm trying to get my post count up so I can throw up some links in WiredSports boot thread.

#3,024 · (Edited)
HAHAha,

This treadmill thingy is the only reasonable fix for summer time, and it did kick my ass first time I tried, its like learning snowboard all over again, and yes the place is hot, maybe because they don't have enough booking to have the AC blasting for the whole day.
From what I heard, once in a while you get pro or olympics skiers drop in for few simulated laps

#3,028 ·
Help my youtube out

hey every one i just started a vloging channel and i just need some help getting a boost with subs and views can u guys go to me channel and like and sub to my channel, I'm a snowboarder from stowe vermont i am sponsored by donek snowboards , vermont peanut butter ,american legion post 33 if u guys can help that would mean everything to me
go to youtube and find billy trautner and thats me

#3,029 ·
hey every one i just started a vloging channel and i just need some help getting a boost with subs and views can u guys go to me channel and like and sub to my channel, I'm a snowboarder from stowe vermont i am sponsored by donek snowboards , vermont peanut butter ,american legion post 33 if u guys can help that would mean everything to me
go to youtube and find billy trautner and thats me
Hey Billy welcome to the forum. I don't mean to piss on your chips but many (most?) of the regular posters here are crusty old dudes/dudetts who remember the world B.C (before cellphones) and even B.S (before snowboarding), a few even B.C.TV. Just don't get too disheartened if there's not that much love for vlogs on here. We do love snowboarding though so post clips of you shredding - preferably nipple deep virgin powder or ridiculous angle softboot carving. I'm guessing you're more of a park guy though? Personally I love clips where a good rider uses the whole resort as a park - something I can consider attempting to emulate.

Sent from my ONE E1001 using Tapatalk

#3,030 ·
I'm still working my way round this forum after being a "lurker" for a while! And gotta say, good job guys and girls. A wealth of info and entertainment. I wish I had got into it a bit earlier.

Anyway, thought I would do the introduce myself bit...

Originally from the UK, but now in New Zealand. I've been riding for about 19 years, but being in the UK, would only go away a couple of times a year. I've been in NZ for about 7 years, and loving the fact I'm only 3 hours drive away from the mountain and can get a minimum of 3+ months of weekend riding a year. I'm not into the park, I just like to free ride all over the place.

Hello!

#3,046 ·
Hello

Joined this forum ages ago, but think I only posted once in 2009 or something. I've been frequenting more European and UK specific sites over the years but thought I'd reacquaint myself with this community.

I'm a 42 year old father of 2. Been boarding one or two weeks a year for 20 years or so. Have only ever boarded in Europe.

I have always been a bit of a speed demon, and stick 99% to the piste, maybe venturing into shallow powder if it's right next to the piste, but nothing more than that.

For the last 8 years I've ridden 2 different editions of the Salomon Burner, and an F2 eliminator in 164-167 lengths, and I'm still rockin' my switch binding system (shock, horror!) which must be getting on for 15 years old now.

I toyed with hard booting but think I'm too old to be learning new tricks these days so aint gonna bother with it any more. Maybe if I lived somewhere where I could go boarding all the time it'd be worthwhile, but for my 1 week a year with the wife and kids, I don't want to spend my time learning again.

Looking forward to chatting with you all, on both boarding and non-boarding matters.

#3,050 ·
30 years old from Vernon b.c.
This was my 3rd year boarding. Taught myself with some lessons thrown in the mix. No previous experience with board sports. Im hooked beyond belief. Finally figured out which type of board turns me on and its not twins. I love directional, tapered setback boards nothing beats the versatility of them. Im a big fan of straight airs, slashes, and carving off the tail.

#3,051 ·
Hi

Hi! I am Darius, I am 30 years old and from Vancouver, Canada. I love snowboarding and skiing and frequently go to Whistler (1.5 hours away from my home) or Cypress 20 minutes away - Yes, we are pretty spoiled out here :D. Would love to hit up the snow in Japan or Alps sometime.

#3,055 ·
Hi, another Aussie here. I'm Eddie, from Adelaide, South Aust. ('snow' is like a foreign word down here...)

never ridden before, but have been keen as shit for as long as i can remember. will hopefully get to Mt. Buller or Thredbo this season.

currently breaking in a pair of boots i got this morning. the more i walk around the more excited about it i get.

I'm into art and currently painting a topsheet for a friend of mine, hopefully il be doing more of this in future, so will probly post photos or whatever when that happens.

Peace and chicken grease.

#3,056 ·
:welcome: to the new members, especially the ones from down-under. Enjoy your season, be sure we're jelly. Don't be surprised that the forum is a bit slow ATM; it's off-season... only the very desperate members still lurk :)

#3,057 · (Edited)
:welcome: to the new members, especially the ones from down-under. Enjoy your season, be sure we're jelly. Don't be surprised that the forum is a bit slow ATM; it's off-season... only the very desperate members still lurk :)
Thanks neni! Always nice to be reminded that aside from snowboarding, I have no life! ;) :grin:

But then again,.. A life without snowboarding would really be No life at all!! >:)

-edit-
At least the Summer solstice has come and gone! The days only get shorter from here on and that means we're on the downhill slide to winters arrival! :jumping1: :cheer:

Reactions: Deacon
#3,064 ·
:welcome: sweet board!

I mostly ride indoors, because we don't have a lot of snow here in Belgium.
I ride a K2 Vandal 148cm, because I don't weigh a lot to begin with.
Welcome to the addiction :)

BTW: Do you have mountains at all? I just realized that I know close to nothing abt Belgium :embarrased1: (expect the beer :eek:ccasion14:)