Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Are you sure ANYONE can learn?
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #73 (permalink)
jennifer

Ok, had a good news/bad news kind of day. Went out again. Figured out my problem. My natural instinct is to put weight into my back foot when I get scared or start feeling out of control....which as most of you know only makes things worse. So now I finally SEE the problem. Now I just need to figure out how to turn off that natural instinct and fix the problem. On another bad note....I decided to get stupid drunk before my last few bunny hill runs of the day. Ended up doing an epic fall that included at least 3 tumbles. It would have been funny....had I not sprained my wrist and messed up my entire hand.
Going back on monday...with wrist guards (and the brace given to me by urgent care for my injured wrist). The helmet was a wise investment. lol At least I can laugh at myself.
Something really did click today. I can see where the problems are, next step is to fix them.

Thoughts on stance? I am perfectly comfy where my bindings are set. Feet are about shoulder length apart. Maybe too comfy? Wondering if I set them out just a tad bit farther if it will force me into a more squated stance. Worth a try?

You guys are so awesome. And for those who have offered to come spend some time at China peak with me, I am always down for company! That is such a huge and generous offer. If you are serious about coming and helping me out for an hour I am more than happy to take you up on the offer, just let me know when. I will by the first round of drinks.
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote