Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Are you sure ANYONE can learn?
View Single Post
post #77 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 11:08 PM
SobeHall

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It took me 3 full days of riding, 8am to 4pm each day, and then on the 4th day I went out with some friends and told them not to wait up on me, because I had literally been busting my ass for 3 days straight and was nowhere near being capable enough to keep up with them, but on that 4th day, I strapped in, and it happened, S turns, toe to heel, heel to toe, I made it through that day bombing the mountain and fell probably 3 times. I don't know what it was, but before that 4th day, I had thought about quitting, I told myself if it didn't come before the end of that season then there was no reason to keep going. I had only spent about $200 on all of my gear so it didn't hurt the wallet too much. Luckily it just clicked, and I think that's how it is for most people. My wife took a little longer, but she doesn't do anything 'athletic' outside of running ... she's very uncoordinated and clumsy, but rides fine now. It took her almost a full season, before she got it down, because she got hurt once and was pretty discouraged. Finally she stopped being a little biatch and got out there again ... now you can't stop her from going to the hill ...