Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Restricted Mission bindings - bad ratchets?
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 11:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
tokyo_dom

Thanks to all those that gave suggestions, on the snow i found that it wasnt as big of a problem as i had thought. The ankle strap is fine, albeit a little time consuming. For the toe strap on the left foot, i do think there is an issue though. If i take my time, and apply enough pressure to the front of the ratchet, i can tighten it enough to have no lift of the toe

But this is the ladder after 4hrs on the snow:

And thats not because i am being hamfisted and overtightening. I am only matching the relative tightness i am getting on the right side

Looks like my problem starts here:

the other side doesnt have that bevel, and i suspect thats why this side slips so quickly (the ankle strap is fine)

Anyway, i am going to the shop to get the ladder/strap replaced. Though that is just the start of my problems. The Ambush boots which felt so snug in the store (i got the display model so the left side was slightly more 'worn in' than the right side) turned into boots from hell on the snow. The right side boot felt way too tight, pretty much instantly causing my foot to cramp up. I loosened the inners all the way, and the bottom portion of the quicklace was completely loose, but i still lost feeling in my little toe on the right side after 5 minutes, and spent the rest of the afternoon in pain (only the right side). Hoping they can use the heatgun to mould it larger, because i could only stand it for 4hrs and my foot is still sore today.

I think i should have gone for a real cant system though. My knees hurt today, which i have not had before. To the poster that asked my stance, its 53.34cm (21") stance width, I am 171cm/5'8", with a 76cm/30" inseam (self measured)

Overall, i am fairly disappointed at having dropped $500+ on my first decent branded setup, only to come out with more pains than my previous cheap setups caused Lets see what the shop can suggest

Last edited by tokyo_dom; 01-20-2013 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Fixed metric/imperial conversion
tokyo_dom is offline   Reply With Quote