Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Now IPO or Flux DMCC Light or Salomon Hologram
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 10:48 AM   #18 (permalink)
Nito

I demoed the Now IPO and love the feel of the bindings; all prior positive comments are justified. Plus the foam footbed is soft enough that canting is not an issue. An unexpected plus is the minimized base; it cuts the chatter from the board and the king pin also allows the board to pivot while cruising on rough hardpack man made cover. For those that are worried about the King Pin, I rarely noticed it while riding but can feel it when standing around or while waiting in the lift line.

In addition, I was able to find the Salomon Hologram used on ebay and bought them. With the Now IPO on the NS Heritage; I mounted the binding on my Proto. The Hologam is not as damp and I feel every nuance (some people will like this), but I prefer the Rome 390 Boss on my Proto. Surprisingly, the Hologram can be very stiff if the ankle strap is tight; will try both IPO and Hologram on my old Morrow Blaze (replace my Ride CAD).

Hope this helps anyone in the market for either.
Nito is offline   Reply With Quote