Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Why can't we hold on to female members?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #128 (permalink)
jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpea View Post
Responding to original question:
I think there is a certain proportion of the members who don't want to hold onto the females - this is their 'boys own adventure' fantasy where they can be some super cool double black mogul hero, safely anonymous behind a computer screen. So they are basically a$$holes to anyone who asks simple questions or acts 'like a girl'.
I browse frequently in the season to get great tips on improvement (thanks Snowolf!) and when I am about to buy something new. I do like it when other females ask for advice as I generally have the same problems. The majority of members are great, but there are some threads which probably should have been shut down early (the more you indulge dickheads the louder they become).
I would not say it is an all boys club....maybe more like a frat house. Girls are always welcome, but not always understood. Also, the girls who will enjoy this board are the ones who can ignore some of the complete jackassery (or even join in), who are not easily offended, and who can tolerate potty humor. I think when someone ribs on another member for "acting like a girl" it is USUALLY because they think they are talking to guy. Guys say that kind of crap to each other.

There are a few guys here that seriously go above and beyond the level of asshole on some posts. But I dont think it is ever meant to alienate or drive away us girls. Burtonavenger has made a few posts that I am sure would bother a lot of women, luckily I am not easily offended and can usually laugh about it.
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote