Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Modern Never Summer Lifespans?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Default Modern Never Summer Lifespans?

So I've seen several comments/accusations that NS boards go "dead" after 60+ days.

I was curious amongst the rabid NS fanboyism on this site if anyone actually rides these fuckers hard for many days in an effort to destroy it? This is what is happening to my Proto. I got it in December last year and closing in on day 100 on it. I've noticed in the last couple weeks that it seems to be flexing alot more - is it dieing or just breaking in? Anyone else have one of their modern decks and ride the fuck out of it?

Due to the horrible conditions of the last 2 seasons, the base of my board is getting destroyed pretty quickly, and I can't really blame NS for that. It would be interesting to compare it to something else on this.

Sorry for the wall of text but I'm really looking for some comments and opinions of people who ride these boards and really put the beatdown on them.

1. something happens between day 60 and 100, the board has changed? comments?

2. general durability comments

NS is famous for being bomber - I just don't have the range of experience to compare it to other decks.

Fairly committed to NS, but if I have to drop $600 on a deck every year, I may have to explore other avenues comments?

This is by no means flaming NS, I'm a fanboy like the rest of you. This should be more helpful to Vince and crew than it is to even me.

3. how does all this relate to a 3 year warranty. Which is interesting because you have to imagine that 75% of their board sales are to people who will put less than 30 days on a board in 3 years. How then does this kind of thing relate to those of us who ride 100 days a year? Am I to go harrass NS for a warranty replacement just because I've used my board for what it was intended? Obviously no.

discuss.

Last edited by snowklinger; 01-20-2013 at 01:20 PM.
snowklinger is online now   Reply With Quote