Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - union bindings
Thread: union bindings
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 08:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
DVS TJ

I would definitely agree if it was only my KFC's that did it, but it wasn't just those. It was also a pair of Data's, a pair of Cadet's, and I believe my buddies were Force's(don't quote me on that, I never flat out asked him which one's they were). I agree that when I used them, and they were functioning right, I really liked them. But once I had that ratchet problem it really put a bad taste in my mouth, and even more so when it wasn't just me having that problem. The other thing that made me salty was the response I got from Union when I first had the problem with my KFC's. I was told that I was doing something wrong and that's why the ratchet was locking into place. I could un-strap with 2 hands very carefully and still have the problem. I even took them to the store where I bought them, and they said the bindings should not do that, and especially for how much those KFC's cost when they first came out($250+). I just thought it strange that it wasn't just those I had problems with. Kill, we did do a lot of riding in them, we board almost every day, weather permitting, and the days that we aren't at the hill, we have boxes and rails that we made that we play on, so, they did take a lot of use and abuse. I had a pair of Drake Podium's that I scrapped last year, before I bought the Union's, after about 3 years of riding them almost daily during the winter, never had a problem with those. Just be careful when you unratchet them, hopefully you never have a problem with them, and they grow to be old bindings that you look back and say, "I'm glad I bought these," just be careful.