Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Restricted Mission bindings - bad ratchets?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
tokyo_dom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AssassinMonLV View Post
Burton has poor quality stuff for their affordable price point. If you got maybe a set of Cartel's you would have been fine. I feel that Burton doesn't put enough of their time in their "affordable" things. The cheaper boards, boots, and bindings are really bad. I would suggest staying away from their lower end stuff and going for their higher end things. Or going with anything Ride, or Rome. They have excellent, solid, and durable stuff.
I got the impression that the Missions were basically the same as last year's cartels? Either way, the guy at the shop agreed that the toe strap was dodgy. Unfortunately they didnt have spare parts so it is being sent back for warranty and hopefully will have it back for next weekend.

As for the boots, apparently the heat molding is only possible on the top-end boots, and he reminded me that i needed to spend at least 30 minutes wearing the boots in the house/warm temperature. Being that my house is shoes-off, i spent the rest of the day shopping while wearing the boots (yeah i felt like lil wayne). My feet werent sore after that so i hope it will be ok at the snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
Dude, you got to work on your metric/imperial conversions:
  1. 54.34cm is 21" - which incidentally sounds about right. 25" would be massive - you would have a really hard time turning the board with that.
  2. 76cm is not 36", it is just under 30".
Whoops! Thanks, i have updated the post
tokyo_dom is offline   Reply With Quote