Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Riding Critique / Humorous Edit Also!
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Default Riding Critique / Humorous Edit Also!

...Then again, you might find all of it fairly humorous!!

Leo agreed to do a little "chase cam" work for me on Saturday at our little local hill! The first clip is pretty much just a short straight edit of several clips that I was hoping to use to get some general feedback on my riding. Balance, stance, switch riding etc. ...any glaring problems or mistakes you notice! (...only ones I really noticed were in the butters footage.) I chose to get footage of me trying to butter my Arbor cambered board because it's the hardest to lift, especially riding regular.
The straight riding is being done on what passes for a short black run @ our local! (...yeah, I know, but it's all we got!) The flat light and the fact that I goofed & left the camera set to wide doesn't help either! You can't really tell how steep it is, where it drops into that pitch or even judge just how fast I'm going. Not too terribly fast,.. but I wasn't creepin' down it either!

The buttering stuff was all done on a green. It still looks pretty clumsy, but when I'm riding the Garage Rocker, I can get the nose of that thing up pretty high,.. regular or switch. so I'll keep working on it! Any tips appreciated! Especially on getting the pressed turn to complete a spin around to switch or reg. Having trouble getting it to finish!

This second clip is something I put together after watching the buttering footage & thought that along with this music, it turned it into something pretty hilarious! Especially with Leo's Kind & Thoughtful intro! Hope you get a laugh out of it!

Thanks for looking in!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote