Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board suggestion without breaking the bank.
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Boyiee

Default Board suggestion without breaking the bank.

Hey guys, I'm looking for a new board and I need some suggestions.

I'm a 220lb rider with a size 11-11.5 boot. So I've been looking at 159w boards.

I've been recommended a ton of boards, but the kicker is I'm trying to stay under $300 since I'm probably going to need new bindings and possibly new boots soon.

I do a little park, smaller rails and boxes and smaller jumps, but mostly ride trails with my dad and friend who ski. I'm an east coast rider and usually hit places like Camelback, Mountain Creek, and Hunter. I get a lot of ice and hard packed snow that is effortless for them but a lot of work for me on my current board (which is a 153, I've had it since 2005).

My main problem is that I'm coming off a 2-3 year break from boarding after having a hip injury and surgery. I've gone a few times this year on my 153 and it was like riding a bike, was even able to hit the park with no problems, but as I mentioned it felt like a TON more work than normal. Fighting on trails to keep the board flat and to turn. I'm thinking I just need a longer and wider board with a different shape, but I'm not really sure what to get without spending too much.

Also a quick question, how tight do you guys zip up your boots and bindings? I'm not sure if my boots are too small, but I've been having some problems with my current ones, specifically in my toes. If I tighten them, they dig into the top part of my foot where the ankle meets, and it becomes uncomfortable and it feels like my feet want to cramp no matter how much I stretch. If I loosen them, all my weight ends up on my toes and it just plain hurts after a while. My shoe size is dependent on brand, wearing anything from 11's-12's, so I might go up to an 11.5 boot if you think it'll help since I'm wearing 11's now.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Boyiee is offline   Reply With Quote