Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Restricted Mission bindings - bad ratchets?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #22 (permalink)
AssassinMonLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyo_dom View Post
I got the impression that the Missions were basically the same as last year's cartels? Either way, the guy at the shop agreed that the toe strap was dodgy. Unfortunately they didnt have spare parts so it is being sent back for warranty and hopefully will have it back for next weekend.

As for the boots, apparently the heat molding is only possible on the top-end boots, and he reminded me that i needed to spend at least 30 minutes wearing the boots in the house/warm temperature. Being that my house is shoes-off, i spent the rest of the day shopping while wearing the boots (yeah i felt like lil wayne). My feet werent sore after that so i hope it will be ok at the snow.
I'm not so sure on the Missions being last years Cartels; however, I find that any boots, and bindings under 200 dollars from Burton are pretty shoddy. I had a 2 pairs of Moto boots from them that lasted only two seasons before the stitching came undone, teh leather started to tear, and the lasces starting to fray. I had a pair of missions that lasted also 2 seasons before the ladders started to strip, and the ratchets kept slipping. So I switched my bindings to Ride and Rome, and have no trouble with any of their bindings going on 3 seasons now and got a higher end Burton Boot, the Restricted Hail (Burton really has nice, comfortable boots). I also live near Mt. Hood so I get in nearly 100+ days in. So my stuff has to be pretty solid, so maybe that's why the my Missions deterioated so fast, but that still isn't an excuse to make a poor quality binding, especially at that price point.
AssassinMonLV is offline   Reply With Quote