Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Culterul Differences
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 05:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
N~R~G

i'll start by asking how families typically are in other countries. example being that in the US many households have both parents working 8 hour+ days, the children go to school & daycare until the parents get home around dinner time (if they work a typical 9-5 type job). being a parent & a mother at that, i find it extremely backwards that we would spend so much time away from home, just to pay someone else to watch our children. i think at least one parent (mother OR father) or close family member should be the one primarily raising the child, not some daycare provider.

being a single parent, but even before being single, i couldn't afford to stay home with my children...i had to work full time. it wasn't as bad before when my children were younger, although it did hurt me to leave them with someone else each day while i went off to work...i felt like i should be the one with them, being that i was their mother. but now that they are in school i'm really struggling as i have very little time when i get home (around 5:30) to get dinner done, homework done, baths done & still have any quality time before they go to bed at 8:30. i'd like to try & at least reduce my time at work so that i can be home for them when they get out of school, instead of them going to a daycare provider, as they do.

so i'm just wondering what it's (typically) like for other people...