Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First time riding a Rocker board
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
jbernste03

Default Same shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafta View Post
Set it up properly, ie at reference stance. Don't set it back. Center bindings on mounting holes. If you need to come in from center because it is too wide, come in one hole on front AND back evenly

I ride a neversummer with rocker between bindings, camber at the ends. Just rode my friends camber ride dh yesterday and it reminded me how different straight camber is. With rocker you have to put in work to keep an edge, especially on hardpack. Camber is easier to rail along on, you can get on edge and even riding fairly statically you can draw a nice thin line. Rocker I feel like i have to use fore-aft movement through my turns to work my edges. The raised contacts out at the ends stop catches, BUT they also need pressure to get them to lock in.

I'm sure peeps will chime in here too. My experience is fairly slim. Good luck!
Yea I pretty same experience as grafta.. I recently switch from a full camber(custom) to a hybrid camber/rocker/camber (t.rice pro) and could definently feel the difference in how to ride it. Took some getting used to but after a couple days out i love it. I miss some of the ease and forgiveness of regular camber but the added benifits of the hybrid outweigh them. Also more squirly on flats..
jbernste03 is offline   Reply With Quote