Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Long Vid - Lake Louise last weekend
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by corneilli View Post
Try Sony Vegas, it will take some work to learn it, but if you get the render settings good, it's almost the same quality as the raw files. If you don't want to buy it I can help you out, just PM me.
Actually I just paid for the latest version of PowerDirector a couple days ago (after editing this vid). My issue isn't the post-production quality, it's once it's uploaded to youtube that it gets grainy (especially in the snow, it seems to want to turn them into large blocks of white).

I'm wondering if vimeo or google video has different compression for uploaded vids? Not likely for google since it's the owner of youtube, but vimeo seems to have good quality vids posted.

Also, wondering which format is best to upload to youtube, or if format even has an effect. I uploaded an M2TS file, but the website seems to suggest MP4. Although MPEG2 (M2TS) has less compression than MP4. Maybe it's better to compress into MP4 on my end, rather than allowing youtube to have their way with it?
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote