Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Slide on skier. (safe)
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRKRIDER View Post
It is.... we dream about those turns but man they can be deadly. I'm super-cautious even inbound when I'm alone...and I mostly am. I don't think you can imagine it.
Yeah I'm alone 99% of the time when I'm in the steep stuff. And there's been a few times when I've though to myself "shit, I'm up shit creek if this slides or I get hurt in here"... Some pucker moments for sure!

So far it seems like the avalanche control at the resorts near me is bloody good. They're not afraid of closing something until it's as close to 100% safe as possible.

What worries me more is that I ride a lot of steep treed runs by myself, and if I ever broke my leg or punctured a lung or something in there, it could get dicey! I always have my cell with me but reception can't be trusted up there. One thing is to always know where you are, in a way that you can describe to somebody on the phone.

Luckily my GF is getting to the point that she wants to ride with me in a lot of the treed bowls now, so I've got a partner more often now than before! All the hard work is paying off!!!